Greatdays Adult Day Health Program may help avoid
nursing home placement:
Daytime health needs met,
evening enjoyable family time.
And relief for caregivers!
Many people who are stretching every resource they have to care for loved ones at home may find an unexpected boon in a medical model adult day program such as Greatdays at Daughters of Sarah,” says Joan Healey, Administrator of Daughters of Sarah Nursing Home and Chief Operating Officer of Daughters of Sarah Senior Community.
Greatdays Adult Day Health Program provides a level of medical care, security and stimulation
that satisfy the needs of both our enrolled members and their at-home family caregivers, making it possible to eliminate or delay long-term placement away from home.
Greatdays services include:
• Therapies in the Rehabilitation Center • Bathing
• Assistance with Personal Needs
• Beautician/Barber Services
• Medication Supervision
• Whirlpool Bath
• Dental Services
• Vision Care
• Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
• Social Work Services; Case Management; Advocacy
• Diet Monitoring and Counseling
• Nutritious Meals
• Stimulating Activities
• Social Interaction
Greatdays welcomes enrolled members who are physically impaired or socially isolated, or who can no longer function independently due to the natural process of aging, disease or injury.
Greatdays helps individuals:
• Reconnect with the community through social interaction, therapeutic recreational programming and stimulating activity.
• Re-establish independent routines away from caregivers.
• Rediscover the joy of personal choice based on preferences and ability, in activities, meal
options and services.
• Regain self-worth through new relationships with peers and encouraging, attentive staff, and
improved communication with caregivers and family.
• Reach new goals through successful experience in an environment dedicated to building self-confidence and trust.
Learn more about the Great Days
at Daughters of Sarah
Phone: (518) 456-7831
Fax: (518) 456-1563