Daughters of Sarah Jewish Foundation is a not-for-profit, Section 501(c) (3) charitable corporation whose main purpose is:
• To develop and manage resources to fund services for the elderly men and women of the Daughters of Sarah Senior Community and the Capital District consistent with Jewish principles and ideals.
• To generate cash flow adequate to aid appropriate local geriatric programs consistent with Jewish tradition.
Daughters of Sarah Senior Community and, indeed, our entire country face an ever-increasing crisis in long-term care financing. As government healthcare reimbursements continue to diminish, and costs continue to rise, we must be ready to insure that our Senior Community provides the highest quality of care to our elders.
Our goal this year is to give grants to the Daughters of Sarah Nursing Center to underwrite the salaries of four Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), additional weekend staff and an additional Registered Nurse (RN) for the Golub Family Memory Enhancement Center. These added staff members augment the regular Nursing Center staff in a way that best benefits residents:
• Residents will be able to count on a familiar helper through more consistent CNA assignments and will, therefore, feel more comfortable with their caregivers.
• CNAs will be able to anticipate resident needs better and know resident preferences and routines on a very detailed level.
• Call lights will be answered more promptly.
• More personnel will be available on weekends.
• An additional RN on the Golub Family Memory Enhancement Center will provide skilled care.
In addition, the Foundation provides funds to enhance Jewish culture at Daughters of Sarah Senior Community.
We need you now to help supplement what the Nursing Center’s inadequate Medicaid reimbursement cannot provide – consistency and the feeling of comfort that it brings to the women and men who depend on us to do for them what they can no longer do for themselves.
Each new generation must assume the responsibility – the mitzvah -- of meeting the needs of the previous generation of elders, who depend on us.
It is our turn to give
Daughters of Sarah Jewish Foundation, Inc. was established in 1980 as a not-for-profit Section 501(c) (3) organization separate from Daughters of Sarah Nursing Home. Its original purpose was to support geriatric services within a 19-county region, extending from the Canadian border in the north to Newburgh in the south, west almost to Utica and east to the Massachusetts border. Support was in the form of contributions and funds raised by the Foundation.
Today, the Foundation’s primary effort is to raise funds to enhance the lives of the men and women that live at Daughters of Sarah Nursing Center, and to enrich and enhance Jewish culture throughout Daughters of Sarah Senior Community.
A 26-member Board of Directors, including five officers, provides oversight and guidance for the Foundation.
Eldercare Resources ~